Although wedding photography is not my main area, on occasion I have taken pictures for people.
I do not offer packages or promises. This is because I do not think it is fair for the couple to have to chose the number of pictures they want prior to the pictures being taken. If 100 pictures where requested and only 67 pictures are great, it is not fair to grab 33 pictures and edit them too to give the promised 100 pictures. I have heard from couples who purchased packages from wedding photographers that half of the pictures are great.
What I do:
1) I have a meeting with the couple via phone, Skype, or in person for 30 minutes in which I can learn more about the couple and of their certain picture requests such as group shots, where they want pictures taken, the time to arrive and length of time requested to have a photographer.
2) I will take hundreds and hundreds of pictures. I can capture images from bride and groom getting ready, the wedding ceremony,* the reception celebration, and the dance. I can come for the whole event if requested or just for the specific time requested by the couple.
*if I am also officiating, I will bring a partner to capture those images.
3) After I have deleted all the bad images and the ones that captures not the best face expressions or body gestures, I show the couple the collection with a few pictures edited to show what I can do via email.
4) After the couple have chosen the pictures they would like edited. They send me the codes to the pictures via email.
5) I edit the pictures and put them on a disk so that the couple can share and print the ones they want.
The fee is the same as for any photography I do for any event. I do not mark up the price as to take advantage of the wedding theme.
- $20 an hour for my time.
- The first edited and unwatermarked image is $25.
- Then, any image after that is $5 each.
So, at the end of the project, if you hired me for five hours and have chosen 50 pictures that you liked, the cost would be $370.
If you hired me for eight hours and have chosen 100 pictures that you liked, the cost would be $680
You get to pick the pictures you like and the hours needed. You create your own package!
*If I need to travel a round trip of over 80 kilometers, then there is a fee of 45 cents per kilometer after the 80 kilometers. For example if a round trip was 120 kilometers, then therefore 40 kilometers X 0.45 = $18
If I am providing Sound & DJ services as well, I do not charge for the hours, or the extra mileage. Also, the first picture is $5 not $25.